Poterack Capital Advisory was founded in 2001 in Davenport, Iowa by finance-industry veteran Ryan Poterack. By 2007, we were ready to spread our wings and opened a second office in Charlotte, North Carolina. PCA’s continued commitment to technology enables Ryan and the rest of the team to serve clients throughout the country.
PCA’s focus is on building long-term partnerships with our clients in order to improve financial decision making.
We’ve always viewed the client-advisor relationship as a partnership. We credit much of our growth to exceeding our client’s expectations by being proactive and process-driven. We hire quality people and delegate authority so all members of the PCA staff may do the right thing for a client in real time. As a client of PCA you’ll have a whole team of professionals committed to your success.
We will change the way clients and advisors measure success in the financial industry. It’s about relationships not transactions.
We provide counsel so that our clients have the peace of mind knowing their strategies are consistent with their values and objectives.
Our Core Values
- We believe little things matter a lot.
- We believe in personal responsibility.
- We believe nice companies finish first.
- We believe in solution-oriented communication.
- We believe in speaking forthrightly and with candor.
- We believe listening is better than convincing.
- We believe in a fun, productive office that encourages career development.
- We believe everything we do has an effect on how our company is viewed.
- We believe in mutually-profitable partnerships with clients.
- We believe in providing the best client experience in the world.
- We believe embracing change leads to future success.
- We believe in improving our clients’ quality of life.
I’m grateful for the opportunity to listen to clients and then help them achieve the outcomes they want. Everyone in my industry wears their years like battle scars, so I’ll tell you this is my 27th year in my industry, after receiving a finance degree from Iowa State University. I don’t know all the answers for you, but I know a lot of really outstanding questions. When listening to you, it becomes clear what you value and what you may be concerned about. From this foundation, we may build a partnership together. Technical expertise is a strength of mine, however, I’ve learned to appreciate how critical good communication is in an advisor/client relationship. I’m very intentional in seeking long-term partnerships. To me, this means:
- Both parties communicating clearly and forthrightly in all matters.
- Discussing money issues strategically. What is the purpose of your money?
- Financial solutions consistent with your values and objectives.
- Communicating and meeting mutual expectations. (Doing what we say we will do!)
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
My role at PCA is to ensure our client experience is exactly as it should be! Whether it’s sending PCA’s monthly newsletter, registering guests for our fun and friendly events, or proactively reaching out to our clients, you can bet I’m involved in some way! I joined the PCA team in October of 2007, with a background in marketing and corporate communications. I quickly recognized I thrive most when telling Ryan where to go (that’s why I handle his calendar!) and handling a million different tasks at once! The Scheduling Coordinator role suits me well, as you can imagine. Everyone at PCA is obsessed with client service, and I’m behind the scenes making sure we all do our best. When I manage to tear myself away from work (not as easy as you might think, since I work from home!), I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling to places with palm trees and going to the gym.